I just want to let everyone know that I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth as it looks like, so I thought I’d check in with you, my readers.
I’ve been trying to finish proofing my husband’s book. We have someone we work with that knows how to get books ready for both e-book publishing and regular publishing and won’t charge us anything up front, which helps our pocket-book immensely.
I have only five more chapters to go through. Currently I’m checking out what appeared to be discrepancies during my first reading of the ms. Other areas where I thought there were discrepancies, I found that their weren’t, but I’m making sure everything is covered, since we’re hoping that the next book will be picked up by a regular publisher.
I’ve been busy as usual running our cleaning business and working with our employees along with working in the grocery story I’ve be at for fifteen years. We’ve been short-handed there and I’ve had to pull several weeks of almost forty hours. The pay is nice, but it’s hard on the body.
- Help: Approaching Publishers vs. ebook/self publishing (writingsofamrs.wordpress.com)
- Champagne: The secret to getting published (kuuleilani.wordpress.com)
- Traditional Publishing? or Self Publishing (lawritersblog.com)
- CanWrite! 2013: Day 1 publicity and marketing sessions (melaniemarttila.ca)
- Announce Your Book (progresspublishing.wordpress.com)